From: Julien Blanc (julien.blanc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-08 12:32:29

Le mercredi 08 février 2023 à 11:44 +0100, Dominique Devienne via Boost
a écrit :
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2023 at 11:12 AM Ruben Perez via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> There are 4 use-cases IMHO, for a templating engine:
> 1) pure text-template. No escaping;
> 2) text-template to embed in some custom format, with its own
> escaping
> rules;
> 3) template generates HTML, and "some" characters of the placeholders
> need
> escaping;
> 4) template generates text, possibly HTML-like, meant to be embedded
> into
> HTML, thus "more" escaping is necessary.
>
> #3 use regular mustaches, {{foo}}, while #4 uses "thick" ones,

I did not check what boost.mustache does, but from the documentation (
https://mustache.github.io/mustache.5.html ): “All variables are HTML
escaped by default. If you want to return unescaped HTML, use the
triple mustache: {{{name}}}.”. I understand “unescaped HTML” as “plain
text”. So thick mustaches {{{foo}}} would be #1.

If that's not the case (ie it can't produce plain text), that would
make boost.mustache completely useless for me.

Regards,

Julien