From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-09 01:38:13

On 9/02/2023 12:23, Vinnie Falco wrote:
> I think we really need to stop thinking of this "mstch" as any sort of
> solution for anything:

It's linked from the official Mustache site, so that gives it some
authority worth of consideration (even if that consideration is "we can
do better").

> * It is unmaintained (last commit is 8 years ago)

Lack of commits is not necessarily an indication of a problem, if it's
feature-complete and works. That it has open unaddressed issues and PRs
for several years is more indicative of that, however.

> * No streaming input of the template
> * No streaming output
> * API locks you to std::string (no string_view)

These are also good reasons. But it would be nice to see that in a
comparison/motivation doc. :)