From: Jeff Garland (azswdude_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-17 16:17:06

> actively harmful

Well it isn't for those users stuck on c++11. There are users for which
the new facilities are quite beneficial.

> rush to deliver spaceship broke some code

So what? Progress can't be made without *some* mistakes -- as you should
know, there are a lot of complicated cases. The fixes for that breakage
weren't difficult.

> specific to WG21, it is a problem for any large organization. As Samo
Burja explains in this blog post, functional institutions are the exception
not the norm:

All this applies to Boost just as well as WG21.

> Boost should not follow. Instead, we should lead.

As a member of Boost since the early 2000's I couldn't agree more. I don't
think we are doing that currently, sorry. And continuing support for
ancient revisions of the standard isn't a way to lead to the future.

Vinnie -- I don't want to get into a big debate about this, it's not worth
our time. But, yeah -- I disagree.