From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-17 20:58:55

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> If the Boost-wide release notes are written in Markdown, I will have to convert
> the in-library release notes written in QuickBook (that I gradually write during
> the development cycle) to Markdown. I don't want that. Currently, I can
> mostly copy-paste the in-library release notes into Boost release notes, with
> some minor tweaks to fix links to issues and PRs.

I mostly copy-paste the Asciidoc release notes into the PR, the formats are close
enough.

Quickbook is kind of obsolete at this point, and markdown-like formats have
won. It might be a better markup language, but this doesn't really matter.

(There's a reason Asciidoc supports markdown-like headings and code blocks,
for instance.)

The fact that Daniel James is no longer contributing doesn't help; this makes
Quickbook unmaintained in addition to obsolete.