From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-23 16:32:38

On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 11:27 AM Peter Dimov via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> No, core library maintainers can't just go ahead and make their libraries
> C++20.
> They wouldn't be core library maintainers if they did things like that.

Either Boost library authors who depend on others can reach those
agreements via discussions on the list, or they can't.

I believe they will act sensibly without enforcement. i.e. Whatever the
permissions on paper, I doubt core library maintainers would drop C++14 or
C++17 any time soon. I know I won't.

In any case the release managers are not going to impose a minimum language
standard on those libraries.

Glen