From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-23 16:58:36

> No, core library maintainers can't just go ahead and make their libraries C++20.
> They wouldn't be core library maintainers if they did things like that.

The moral... obligation (I'm not sure this is the right word) to your
users to continue supporting the old C++ standards remains the same
regardless of what we do or don't announce Boost-wide. Even if the
release managers decided to announce that the next Boost release no
longer supports C++03, I would still be reluctant to remove said support
from my libraries, as long as I know there are C++03 users. That is
until I'm no longer willing to support it, at which point, again, it
doesn't matter what release managers say. For this reason I find
proposals like this pretty much moot, sorry.