From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-02-27 16:20:57

On 2/27/23 18:54, Daniela Engert wrote:
> Am 27.02.2023 um 16:14 schrieb Andrey Semashev via Boost:
>> On 2/27/23 17:55, Daniela Engert via Boost wrote:
>>> Right, it works here with 19.34 as it did for many years. This is why I
>>> still stick with Boost.Log despite it being a huge burden to the
>>> projects where it is used.
>> Could you tell more why it is a burden?
>
> Every TU that wants to use the logger needs to include at least these
> headers:

[snip]

> This is the reason why I am mulling the idea of creating a logger taking
> advantage of C++23 with minimal depencies imposed on users.

About half of those are standard library headers. I doubt those can be
significantly reduced.

The rest are Boost library headers that are not very expensive to
include. For example, Boost.TypeTraits headers are generally more
lightweight than your typical <type_traits>. I suppose, I could get rid
of Boost.Predef, but those headers are nothing but preprocessor macros,
so are very cheap.