From: Richard (legalize_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-04-14 17:42:13

Hi Team,

I sent these to boost-users, but they've been held up in moderation.
It was suggested that I should also share them on this list.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Subject: New video: Getting Started with Boost.Asio: Timers and Serial Ports
---------

Utah Cpp Programmers has released a new video

Getting Started with Boost.Asio: Timers and Serial Ports
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XB3uEit5R_Y>

I/O operations are inherently asynchronous -- we don't know when input
will arrive and when output will be generated. Network I/O can be
particularly bothersome because of the long delays between sending a
request and obtaining the response.

Boost.Asio is a cross-platform C++ library for network and low-level
I/O programming that provides developers with a consistent
asynchronous model using a modern C++ approach. Boost.Asio covers
timers, serial ports, files, pipes and TCP/IP networking.

This month, Richard Thomson will give us an introduction to Boost.Asio
concepts and asynchronous programming with this library. We'll look at
how to use timers to notify our application of time passing and how to
talk to serial ports asynchronously.

Other Utah Cpp Programmers videos:
<https://www.youtube.com/@UtahCppProgrammers>

Subject: New video on TCP/IP Networking with Boost.Asio
---------
Utah C++ Programmers has released a new video

TCP/IP Networking with Boost.Asio
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyDWXT8-Ykc>

Boost.Asio is a cross-platform C++ library for network and low-level
I/O programming that provides developers with a consistent
asynchronous model using a modern C++ approach.

This month, Richard Thomson will continue our look at Boost.Asio with
a look at TCP/IP networking. We'll look at how to implement an NNTP
(Network News Transport Protocol) client using Boost.Asio. NNTP is a
line-oriented protocol for reading usenet news articles. This will
give us insight into all the typical issues involved in a TCP/IP
networking application:

- How do we resolve a host name into an IP address?
- How do we establish a long-lived connection to an NNTP server?
- How do we handle the arbitrarily large amounts of data from an NNTP
  server that arrives asynchronously?
- How do we coordinate user input with NNTP I/O?
- How do we handle unexpected network errors?

             The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>