From: Christian Mazakas (christian.mazakas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-04-27 20:40:21

I'm the author of the <latch> PR for Core so I'm also naturally in
favor of this addition.

What's the protocol for accepting such a library into Boost? Does it
still go through formal review?

Most of what would go in there exists in already-accepted Boost
libraries. For example, the aforementioned
Boost.Algorithm and Boost.Core contains several such things as <span>,
<bit> and in its detail folder, <string_view>.

The good news though is that because we're simply polyfilling
standardized practice, there's no need to bikeshed interfaces.

Oh, I almost forgot about Boost.Optional. How do we reify all of these
existing classes and functions?

- Christian