From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-04-30 15:15:43

On 4/29/23 3:23 PM, René Ferdinand Rivera Morell via Boost wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 29, 2023 at 3:42 PM Robert Ramey via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Looking at the discussion regarding multi-array, I'm thinking I'd like
>> to know how many people/projects are using the current version.
>
> Define "using", as precisely as you can. Then, maybe, we can figure
> out how to measure.

Good question - I havn't really thought about it enough yet. This is
mainly because I haven't figured out how to do it.

The basic question that occurs to me is "is this library worth
maintaining and keeping in boost". If dropping the library would break
a lot of users code, then the answer is an easy yes. If dropping the
library would result in breaking no code - the answer is an easy no.
Otherwise it's a judgement call we can argue about. But in order to do
this we need to know the answer the question: "How much code would be
broken if not in Boost. Hopefully this sheds light on this.

Robert Ramey