From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-04-30 15:44:53

When I'm writing library or user code, I often reach for a library
component. Often, the similar/equivalent component exists in both the
standard library component and the comparable boost component. I'm
never confident about which to choose. Ideally I'd like a simple rule
like "if you can choose between two components - prefer the standard
library one (or Boost one) because ...". Is it possible to craft such a
rule?

My main criteria is mainly stability - once I've got something working I
hate to be surprised when some "upgrade" breaks my code. Or is no
longer supported. In other words, I don't want (and cannot) baby sit
the application/library forever.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Robert Ramey