From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-04-30 15:49:30

> We are working with boost::regex library to have unicode support. I want to
> form a regex for validating unicode characters so I'm trying this with
> boost library.
>
> I am facing an issue with a boost library with ICU support so
> please suggest me how to proceed with the boost with ICU support. PFA for
> this.
>

> 1. *has_icu_builds* is used to enable icu support.
> [image: image.png]
>
> 2. on *b2 install* no icu is there, please let me know the procedure of how
> to enable icu.
> [image: image.png]

ICU is an external dependency, we don't install it: it should already be
installed prior to building Boost.

Further, if you are using one of the last couple of Boost releases, then
Regex is a header only library, and there is no need to build and
install anything.  You will however, have to link to ICU when you build
your program.

With regard to not matching specific text, if you can post the actual
test code, I'll look at it.

John.