From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-05-02 13:37:10

On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 1:44 PM Andrey Semashev via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I think, you can start by copying all the existing information on the
> current site and then improve on it. I don't see the point in
> registering issues requesting adding information that is already there
> on the current website.

Yep! Well, maybe just one issue with links to all the existing info?

> IMO, this style of navigation is too obscure. I would have never thought
> to click on "User Guide" in the bottom corner of the screen to switch to
> other documents.

That UI is temporary, it is what comes with the "Antora Default UI."
In the actual website there will be a nice looking page showing a
handful of cards, one for each document, with information about what
is inside the document and a small sample of the most important topics
inside. And you will always be able to get to this page just by
clicking "Learn" in the top level navigation.

> The navigation line at the top is useless because
> "home" leads to "User Guide" and not a landing page with contents.

Yes, that top level navigation area is temporary. In the actual
website one of the top level navigation items says "Learn" and this
takes you to a landing page that has beautiful cards which link to
each individual document. No matter where you are on the website
(which includes individual Boost library documentation) it will be
possible to reach the landing page with the site-docs in a single
click (by pressing "Learn" at the top).

The restyling of the Antora UI to match the website is not a trivial
undertaking; all of the Asciidoc CSS classes have to be styled with
it, and there are a LOT of them. Lists, tables, admonitions, source
code boxes (especially those because we want them to be awesome the
whole focus of our website is on source code). This is happening in
parallel with the authoring of the exposition.

Thanks!