From: Sam Darwin (samuel.d.darwin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-05-05 13:18:17

In retrospect it was an irresistible experiment to try out Amazon SES.
The service seems to offer a large cost savings while also providing
reliable mail delivery.
However, here is a reply from the mailman-users list: "Amazon SES
rewrites the Message-ID. Yep and for this reason I don't use it. The
problem is worse in Mailman3 because it has a much more superior
archive display which gets ruined when people reply to messages with
different Message-Id headers and the threading can't be observed. I
also had to use the anonymous mode with my list as Amazon didn't like
me using random addresses in the From: header. I'm still looking for a
tolerant mail gateway to use with Mailman."