From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-05-11 18:35:50

On 11/05/2023 19:35, Glen Fernandes via Boost wrote:
> On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 10:35 AM Vinnie Falco wrote:
>
>> Hey, it’s Vinnie here again! I have some very exciting news to share
>> with you. The renovated website for Boost that we’ve been working on
>> for far too long is now going into its Public Beta phase! Feel free to
>> poke around and kick the tires but keep in mind this is a piece of
>> software and it is still under development. Some parts are missing,
>> incomplete,or buggy. Without further ado:
>>
>> https://boost.revsys.dev
>
> Thank you for working on this. The mechanics of this site are already
> impressive, and the dark mode design looks very nice (the Boost logo,
> theme, and all) even in its beta form. New documentation for Boost users
> about building and installing Boost, and for potential Boost authors about
> contributing to Boost development is also great to see.
>
> If anyone else viewing this like me has their system detected by the site
> as "light themed", then view the site in the dark mode. It has a much
> better look, and apparently the light mode design is still in progress.
>
> When the site is more developed, I can make sure that the release
> information also gets published to the new site.
>
> Glen

I also would like to thank everyone pushing the new website, Boost needs
a more modern one. The release notes page seems hard to parse, though:

https://www.boost.revsys.dev/releases/

Maybe a bit of separation between libraries (and marking libraries with
some bold or underlinining) can help a bit. Or if the library changes
list is a bit long, a TOC section could also help.

Best,

Ion