From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-05-11 21:59:42

On 5/11/23 17:35, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> Hey, it’s Vinnie here again! I have some very exciting news to share
> with you. The renovated website for Boost that we’ve been working on
> for far too long is now going into its Public Beta phase! Feel free to
> poke around and kick the tires but keep in mind this is a piece of
> software and it is still under development. Some parts are missing,
> incomplete,or buggy. Without further ado:
>
> https://boost.revsys.dev

Just opening this page immediately starts hogging CPU on my system. I'm
assuming, this is because of the animated logo on the right half of the
screen. Please, remove the animation. I would also reduce the size of or
even remove the logo entirely, as it wastes too much space.

understand that the new website is probably hosted on a weaker server,
but I also suspect that it is overall more heavy than the original website.

The release notes (https://www.boost.revsys.dev/releases/) seems to have
broken formatting. Library names are not highlighted and release note
items are not displayed as list items.

There are quite a bit of information missing. For example, Release
schedule (https://www.boost.org/development/index.html) and most of the
pages under the Development menu seem to be missing.

PS: I'm using Firefox 113.0 on Kubuntu 22.04.