From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-05-11 22:12:20

On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 3:00 PM Andrey Semashev via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Just opening this page immediately starts hogging CPU on my system

Consider opening an issue here

https://github.com/cppalliance/temp-site/issues

> Please, remove the animation.

We are going to remove it as it was an earlier design element that no
longer suits the revised style of the site.

> understand that the new website is probably hosted on a weaker server,
> but I also suspect that it is overall more heavy than the original website.

Shouldn't take longer to load, this is a statically generated site
except for a few dynamic pages (like the Libraries). However, we have
also not put any efforts into optimizing page loads (that comes last).

> The release notes (https://www.boost.revsys.dev/releases/) seems to have
> broken formatting. Library names are not highlighted and release note
> items are not displayed as list items.

Yes well.. that's not a "real" page, we just slapped it together (see
my earlier reply to Ion).

> There are quite a bit of information missing. For example, Release
> schedule (https://www.boost.org/development/index.html) and most of the
> pages under the Development menu seem to be missing.

Yes there is, that's why we are doing this open beta, and not meddling
with the live website at boost.org. So that we can ensure nothing is
missing, everything is accounted for, and all voices are heard. And
probably I want to test it for at least one release - we would release
both in the live site and in the new site, and see how the release
goes in the new site, to ensure we don't miss a release because
something is wrong with the new code.

> PS: I'm using Firefox 113.0 on Kubuntu 22.04.

Please include that information in the issues you open at
https://github.com/cppalliance/temp-site/issues

Thanks