From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-06-28 14:50:09

Dear All,

This is a brief update on some pertinent developments.

Foremost, I want to acknowledge the exceptional contributions of Ruben
Perez, creator of Boost.MySQL, and Marcelo Silva, the author of
Boost.Redis. Their hard work in developing and refining their
respective Boost libraries exemplifies the best qualities of
authorship. They are actively engaged in the various channels of the
public C++ Slack Workspace (https://cppalliance.org/slack/),
collaborating and answering questions. Consider joining.

To clarify a potential misunderstanding, Ruben joined the C++ Alliance
team only after his library Boost.MySQL was accepted. Therefore, his
subsequent affiliation had no bearing on the outcome of the review.
Regarding Marcelo, he has always worked independently on Boost.Redis
and has no contractual relationship with The C++ Alliance.

Next, I'd like to laud Klemens for his unwavering diligence. As the
review manager for these two libraries, he operates with impartiality
and independence from the C++ Alliance with no financial recompense.
The C++ Alliance policies precludes any author sponsored by us from
acting as a review manager for a library that we also sponsor. This
policy underscores our belief and commitment to the effectiveness and
integrity of the Boost Formal Review process.

In conclusion, our objective has always remained consistent: to
fortify and expand Boost, and to support the author and maintainer
community. The talent, dedication, and hard work invested in making
Boost the best it can be is truly commendable. Our motivation is
driven by passion for the language and open source. Together, we can
make Boost even more remarkable.

Yours sincerely,
Vinnie