From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-08-01 16:49:44

On Aug 1, 2023, at 6:27 AM, Alain O' Miniussi <alain.miniussi_at_oca.eu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The following commits:
> https://github.com/boostorg/mpi/compare/master...develop
>
> - fixes documentation typos.
> - add missing declaration in header files.
> - add test code for ctest.
> - reports in Boost.MPI somes changes made in Boost.serialization
> - fixes some bugs.
>
> The only new feature is that it is now possible to get the MPI version string
>
> I would not qualify any of those changes as critical, but some people have been waiting more than a year for them because of me.
>
> Can I merge them ?

Some of these changes look pretty substantial - https://github.com/boostorg/mpi/commit/da602162b4b00e8e3134a991d0c836f10cfe0b9e for example, changes 54 files.

Are these the kind of changes we should be making on the day before a release?

On the other hand, if I just do "git diff master..develop --name-status” I see far fewer changes.

So I guess I’m confused.

— Marshall