From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-10-09 02:31:35

On Sun, Oct 8, 2023 at 7:21 PM Christian Mazakas via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I kind of agree with Vinnie, no users, not enough tests. This is an alpha
> library and should come back when its place in the ecosystem has solidified.

I have to be fair though, the reality is that I cannot back up my claims
with strong evidence and it is in fact based only on observation during the
library's development of the repository and Slack interactions. So it is
very possible that Klemens' is right and there is more to it than I am
describing. This is one reason why I did not write a review. Another reason
is that I am preoccupied with personal issues which prevent me from really
investing a lot of time and energy into anything C++ related (including my
own new libraries whose development is paused).

Mainly what I am saying is that I believe there is/was room to do more to
prepare the library for the review, and these things weren't done. The only
reason I bring it up for Klemens' specifically is because I care more about
him, as we have been working together for a while now. But this advice is
not just for Klemens', if there is a new library with the intention to be
proposed for Boost and it makes sense to do so, it is nice to see authors
pull out all the stops and do everything in their power to make the library
great even before the review. More docs, more tests, more exposition, more
explanation, more benchmarks, more reddit posts, more users, more
consultations, more... MORE.. you feel me? I want ordinary C++ users to
feel shock and awe at the level of preparation and attention to detail that
goes into new library submissions. I want them to be inspired. To aspire to
become more like Boost authors.

Thanks