From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-10-09 17:23:01

On 09/10/2023 18:00, Vinnie Falco wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 9, 2023 at 9:57 AM Niall Douglas via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden] <mailto:boost_at_[hidden]>> wrote:
>
> Ah nothing like lots of post-review discussion to make the writing of
> the review report easier!
>

> Thank you for your well thought-out message. There are some good points
> there. I do wish that there was more documentation and wisdom collated
> from mailing lists posts regarding the review process. You brought up a
> lot of informal guide rails, why aren't we committing this to an
> asciidoc document on the website?

As with everything Boost, I would guess nobody has to date sat down and
written out the documentation?

I think I was the last person to substantially refactor the
documentation page on the review process? The one before I did that had
been there for years, didn't actually match the review process, and
everybody here agreed it needed fixing but nobody had stepped up to do
it. I did at the time, after a few people here checked my new text now
matched reality (at that time) it was merged and to my best knowledge,
nobody has substantially improved upon those docs since then.

And that was many years ago now. Documentation can always be improved of
course, but getting the right people to do it is always the hard part.

Niall