From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-11-06 11:27:10

Robert Ramey wrote:
> On 11/5/23 4:39 PM, Peter Dimov via Boost wrote:
> > If we at Boost don't test our own libraries, who is supposed to?
>
> Why do I have to test and chase down bugs in libraries I don't even use?

That's what we do. We write code for other people to use, and
we don't necessarily use theirs in return.

The C++ code in Boost is a random sample of the C++ code outside
of Boost, and if we have a problem, (a) ignoring it will not make it
disappear and (b) that problem will also exist outside of Boost. So
if you do nothing, many others will then encounter the same issue,
and complain.

Someone will need to take care of it. If not you, then who?