From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-11-16 15:28:56

> Matthijs Möhlmann wrote:
>>> There's no linker= feature, but I suppose you can try
>>>
>>> linkflags=-fuse-ld=lld-16
>>>
>>> since I see that in LDFLAGS in your log.
>>>

>> Ok, tried that. Same error although somewhat different output. I go with
>> your
>> suggestion and keep 'stdlib=libc++ cxxstd=20'.
>>
>> Is the correct location to report this bug:
>> https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/issues ?
>
> Looks like it is, as the problem seems confined to Filesystem.

So far I don't see this as a Boost.Filesystem bug. The missing symbols
(at least, those which were posted here earlier) are standard C++
symbols, which by default should be linked automatically by the
compiler. If the compiler doesn't do that, this is a compiler bug as far
as I'm concerned. So the right place to report it is:

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/

Incidentally, I have reported a similar problem before here:

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/60578

and it looks like it hasn't been fixed yet.

As for a workaround, I suspect the problem can be worked around by
manually adding linking with the standard library that defines those
missing symbols. For example, `operator delete` is defined in libc++abi,
so you may fix the problem by adding `linkflags=c++abi` to `b2` command
line.