From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-11-28 22:35:06

On 11/28/23 9:39 AM, Vinnie Falco via Boost wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2023 at 8:45 AM Andrea Bocci <andrea.bocci_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> 1. Ask Peter Dimov to weigh in on the library
> 2. Consult other talented engineers regularly to help shape the public interface
> 3. Join the C++ Language Slack Workspace for enrichment and collaboration
> 4. Find stakeholders ahead of the review who would benefit from your
> library, and are willing to integrate it into their code to provide
> feedback
>
> There is also another benefit to collaborating with others during
> development: you can tap in to experts to get help on important areas
> such as documentation toolchains, cmake integration, continuous
> integration (per-commit testing), code coverage, and writing
> comprehensive tests.

FWIW. The Boost Library Incubator accepted Boost Library proposals long
in advance of any formal review. This permmited users and potential
users to consider the early version of the library. It also permitted
anyone to submit a formal review in advance of the scheduling of any
formal review. The idea was to encourage people to try out the library,
give feed back, perhaps use the library and prepare a formal review when
they had the time in the understanding that their formal review would be
considered when the time came. One motivation was to increase the
number of reviews submitted. But all the above goals would also be
served.

Although I thought it was a good idea addressing real issues, it failed
to get the traction I hoped for it. Maintaining the web pages (in PHP)
was also a major pain. Just one more failure in my life. Oh well.

Robert Ramey