From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-11-29 13:23:37

> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>> I'm not a committee member, just an observer from the outside, but it
>> looks to me that people that aren't familiar with the proposal should
>> abstain from the discussion. And if those people constitute the majority
>> of the room then either the proposal discussion should be rescheduled to
>> a later meeting or the room should be dismissed to do their homework.
>
> That's not going to work. You go to Kona and the committee is like mate,
> we haven't bothered to read your paper, why don't you wait six months
> and come to Tokyo instead.

Right, so why was the paper scheduled for discussion then? They do put
up a list of what will be discussed and voted, don't they?

And if they do schedule the paper, and still don't read it, and
especially if that happens on a regular basis then that shows that the
committee is unqualified for the job.