From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-11-29 17:32:56

On Sat, Nov 25, 2023 at 7:27 PM Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> In fact, I think from now on I will write a very short review which
> encourages to REJECT any proposed library which clones std components
> and adds or changes anything, unless the feature or modification is so
> incredible that it "walks on water."

With respect to Boost.Scope, given the meaningful conversations taking
place and given that Boost can serve as a vital counterweight to wg21
misadventures, I take back this statement above as it applies to this
review. I am very happy to see a robust debate from key folks regarding the
specifics of the library. The other people are correct; this design
analysis is crucial for vetting designs aimed at standardization and it is
great that Boost can still serve in this role since the Boost review
process is still obviously superior to the alternatives.

Thanks