From: Christian Mazakas (christian.mazakas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-12-01 19:28:22

There was a huge onus to accept Boost.MySQL because of its licensing.

libmysqlclient is GPL'd where Boost.MySQL proposed a permissive
license which did mostly the exact same stuff.

To that end, Boost.MySQL is a welcome addition to Boost because it
essentially sets in stone a quality client implementation of the MySQL
protocol without users being hampered by the GPL.

The other libraries such as this? It's less so. There's often multiple
libraries already being used in production that aren't as
restrictively licensed which means there's less onus for accepting
them.

In general, I'd defer to users in this regard. If Boost users think
it's useful to bundle all this up, I'd say accept but without that,
I'm cautious about this wave of web-based tech hitting Boost.

- Christian