From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2023-12-02 22:31:08

sob., 2 gru 2023 o 22:20 Andrey Semashev via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
napisał(a):

> On 12/2/23 23:12, Andrzej Krzemienski via Boost wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > Two observations from reading the docs.
> >
> > Why do I need a condition in scope_exit when I have a scope_fail?
>
> There is a discussion about this in this section:
>

> https://lastique.github.io/scope/libs/scope/doc/html/scope/scope_guards.html#scope.scope_guards.condition_functions
>
> In short, scope_fail implies processing a failure event (for whatever
> definition of "failure") and scope_exit has no such connotation and can
> be used with arbitrary conditions. The different scope guards have
> different default conditions, too.

Having read the linked section as well as your reply, I still do not
understand the need for a scope_exit with a failure condition.
I either want to *always* call the callback function on scope exit, or only
under some condition. If it is under some condition, I would call
scope_failure or scope_success respectively.

Or are you saying that sometimes I want to call or skip the call based on
random conditions not having to do with failing anything, and where the
set_active would not work? Is that it? Do you have any convincing examples
for this?

> Internally, both scope_success and scope_fail are implemented on top of
> scope_exit and leverage its support for custom condition functions.

Ok, I get this part. I am just not sure if this is a sound design: because
I reused a pattern in the implementation, I will expose it to the users.

Regards,
&rzej;