From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-01-25 13:45:23

On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 5:41 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Not that I oppose the sentiment of making life easier to users, but
> OpenSSL is a project of its own, with a community of developers around
> it. Making their library easier to consume should be their goal, not
> everyone else's. If you have complaints or suggestions on this front,
> you should probably take them to the OpenSSL developers.

I am not complaining about OpenSSL in particular, and the "we" to which I
refer is the community of C++ library authors writ large. However in this
case there is a specific pain point with respect to OpenSSL and b2 which
for better or worse is our responsibility and not OpenSSL's.

We could debate who is responsible for complaints or suggestions but at the
end of the day users don't care; they need something that works. If an
upstream provider can't get it together, pointing the finger and saying
"it's their fault" is unhelpful.

Thanks