From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-08 15:26:51

> Andrey Semashev wrote:
>> Which they are not, as boost::core::string_view doesn't support char_traits.
>> So it looks like a non-starter to me.
>
> Do you really need or support traits other than std::char_traits<Ch>? Why
> and where?

It's not that I need it. It's that std::basic_string(_view) are defined
this way (for better or worse), and for our string_view to properly
emulate and inperoperate with std::string_view, it should have it as well.

You're not winning anything by not supporting it either as you're using
std::char_traits internally anyway.