From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-13 18:35:41

On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 9:54 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I agree that the current wording cannot go live as an official Boost
> website.

I think that the current wording was just something copied and pasted in an
effort to comply with a legal requirement since the new site collects
information as part of the login process where the old site does not. The
C++ Alliance has no desire to restrict anyone such as Boost users, library
authors, maintainers, or anyone else. We are very happy to receive pull
requests with new proposed text, and I would like to keep reminding
everyone that the site is going to be a work in progress for years.

I am very much a believer in merit and fairness. I do not like taking
credit for other people's work and I do not like taking power through
bureaucratic or political means. Instead I prefer to get credit for hard
work and measurable results. Hopefully it is safe to say that most people
know me and my motivations fairly well, judging from the C++ Alliance
contributions to Boost, there is no reason to expect that this will change.
So if there is a problem with the language of the privacy policy please
assume that we are operating in good faith.

And again, we're happy to receive pull requests :) I do not think we should
wait until the website is "perfect" because that is in truth unlikely to
ever happen. What we need to do is publish this site sooner rather than
later and let the community pitch in to help us polish it up further.

Thanks