From: Julien Blanc (julien.blanc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-14 07:13:09

Le mardi 13 février 2024 à 18:05 -0800, Vinnie Falco via Boost a
écrit :
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 4:56 PM Louis Tatta <louis_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> > Privacy Policy:
> > https://app.termly.io/document/privacy-policy/bfe4fb2e-ebf6-4e44-ac76-35ed08d9bc9e
> > TOS:
> > https://app.termly.io/document/terms-and-conditions/0d83570f-fbbf-4e15-93be-7371f08ea1e4
> >

> It really sucks what governments have done to the Internet that we
> need these almost completely illegible documents just to publish
> information legally.

You don't (well, at least in Europe). You need them as soon as you
start collecting data beside what's legally required, drop cookies,
etc. Which is quite different from just "publish information legally"
(ie what the current site does).

I've raised https://github.com/cppalliance/temp-site/issues/960 because
the new site is currently not GDPR compliant, which basically means it
is illegal for the whole Europe. There's not much to fix, but it would
be better to fix it before the official launch.

> Isn't there a much more simple and straightforward policy
> that we could use? Perhaps the Boost Foundation has something on
> hand? I would like to see the "Boost Software License of privacy
> policies" if such a thing exists.

There are some templates, such as https://gdpr.eu/privacy-notice/ .

I believe that if you conform to gdpr, you also mostly conform to us
law, which is less protective. But i'm not a lawyer...

Regards,

Julien