From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-02-23 13:53:55

Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On 2/23/24 05:07, Tom Kent via Boost wrote:
> > When building for windows against the 1.85.0 nightly snapshot, I'm
> > seeing an odd error with no info around it:
> >

> > - type_erasure : building
> > - url : building
> > - wave : building
> >
> > ...patience...
> > ...patience...
> > ...patience...
> > ...patience...
> > ...patience...
> > ...patience...
> > ...patience...
> > [errno 22] failed to scan file '': Invalid argument...found 39744 targets...
> >

> > Upping the verbosity in B2, I was able to find that it appears to
> > happen in
> > filesystem:
> It looks like the error happens in b2 while it is scanning headers for
> dependencies. I don't know b2 internals enough to understand why that
> happens and whether there is something specific in Boost.Filesystem to trigger
> it. In any case, boost\filesystem\detail\header.hpp is not new and hasn't
> changed for more than a year, so I don't think it's the header. I think, this
> should be reported to Boost.Build.
>
> https://github.com/bfgroup/b2/issues
>
> PS: I'm not seeing this locally or in CI:

The problem is not in Filesystem, but in Wave. I've verified that

b2 --without-wave

does not give the error, and

b2 --with-wave

does.

For me, the latter outputs

...patience...
...patience...
[errno 22] failed to scan file '': Invalid argument[errno 2] failed to scan file 'boost/wave\': No such file or directory...found 6224 targets...