From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-04 15:56:24

On Mon, Mar 4, 2024 at 7:05 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I should probably stop inspecting the new website or I'll overflow the
> issue tracker and The C++ Alliance members will start cursing me on
> their lunch breaks. If they haven't started already. :)

Quite the opposite, I greatly appreciate your activity. Let's speak
plainly: going through all the pages on the new website, operating the
controls and forms, and reporting problems by opening GitHub issues is
work, and you've been doing it. This is precisely the community work
that is needed to bring the website up to the standards that the Boost
community expects. It is also what I am referring to when I say that
the launch of the new website is a process not a finish line.

Building a new site especially at this level of quality is not a small
endeavor and the truth is that everyone will find some issue or
another with it for at least a year if not more. We don't want to hold
it up until everyone thinks its "perfect." Instead we want to ensure
that we have a well-staffed process for tracking and triaging issues,
assigning work, testing, and giving stakeholders a mechanism to follow
the changes to keep things on track and moving.

Robust community involvement is the key to getting this done so by all
means, please continue to overflow the issue tracker :)

Thanks