From: Alexander Grund (alexander.grund_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-14 09:06:17

Am 14.03.24 um 01:26 schrieb Peter Dimov via Boost:
> removal of `va_start(ap, count);` in this commit
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/serialization/commit/2805bc3faa8f8fb7ce80ec518158563c5fcf26f6
>
> This looks like a mistake to me, and is probably going to cause problems.
Judging from the commit message "removed test dependency on lexical
cast" I assume this was an oversight when committing, not an intended
change.

There is a related issue about missing a matching `va_end`:
https://github.com/boostorg/serialization/issues/264
This looks valid too: "if va_end is not called before a function that
calls va_start or va_copy returns, the behavior is undefined."

So maybe that removal was part of unfinished work to address that issue.

Fortunately it looks like this function is not used by the library
itself and that commit didn't make it into master, so it isn't included
in the 1.85 release.