From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-16 11:15:21

David Sankel wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 16, 2024 at 12:49 AM Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]>
> wrote:
>
> > Boost_Libraries, an account controlled entirely by one person:
> > you.
> >

> Also false.

I have to admit that I always found the @Boost_Libraries Twitter
account somewhat of a mystery. Tweets would occasionally
emanate from it, but I could discern no underlying logic as to when
they would appear and what they would announce; and if I remember
correctly, I once tried to figure out who actually operated it by asking
around, but without success.

(To be clear, this was in the past.)

Now, I'm generally supportive of us keeping our old ways, because
they got us where we are, but in this specific case, I don't think our
old ways ever worked that well.

Maybe we need to address this by having a page on boost.org that
lists our social media accounts, who is operating them, and on what
basis; that is, what is the mandate given to their operators by the
community. Or in other words, what are they supposed to tweet,
and when.

This "you are in sole control of the account" "no, you are a liar, I'm
not the only one, but I won't tell you who the others are" business
does not exactly benefit anyone, in my opinion. A bit more clarity
and transparency is in order.