From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-19 18:22:22

On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 1:16 PM René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
<grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 19, 2024 at 12:46 PM Ruben Perez via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > * Do you think a library like this could be useful to the C++ community?
>
> Yes, but.. I would like a library that handles various types of
> encoding/decoding with the "same" interface. Encodings that come to
> mind: base-64, url, html, radix-64, base-16, base-32, custom base-x
> alphabet table, base-36, base-62, and so on.
>
> > * If the answer to the above is yes, do you think it could belong to
> > Boost, or would be better as a standalone library?
>
> If it's more than base-64, yes, it could be a Boost library.

PS. Yes, I do realize you said you would want to concentrate on base64
only. But it's the concepts of encoding/decoding for arbitrary kinds
what would interest me.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada