From: Daniele Lupo (jepessen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-22 14:37:56

Hi.

Sorry but I'm against it. We already have the actual build sistem that's
ok. If some feature is missing, like support for modules, we can update
it if needed. Besides, boost is already build with cmake in package
managers like vcpkg (I don't have experience with other package managers
like conan but I assume that they are not reinventing the wheel). Adding
another build system (that's not widely used) improves only the entropy.

For me it's ok to add some issue for current build system.

For me it's ok to give wider support to already supported (officially or
unofficially) tools like cmake, even if one day the main group will
decide to switch to one one them.

But switching to a build system not widely used and/or tested it has no
advantages and a lot of disadvantages and potential problems (cmake and
b2 are tested over all kind of computer configuration in the world, even
a little percentage of problem can afflict many, many users).

Regards

Daniele Lupo