From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-24 10:45:39

> René Ferdinand Rivera Morell wrote:
>> While making changes to update the various tools I found that the BCP tool is
>> abandoned. As in it hasn't been updated for a couple of years.
>> And because of changes to Boost.Filsystem no longer builds. And since no one
>> has complained about it not building, I'm guessing no one uses it.
> I'm not sure that's true. People occasionally submit issues against it.
Correct.

>> There's two choices to deal with this:
>>
>> 1. Find someone to maintain it.
> John Maddock maintains it if I'm not mistaken.

Also correct.

I mean it's not under "active maintenance" but really shouldn't need to
be, it does what it does and shouldn't need changing much if at all.

It would have been nice, if, when making breaking changes to filesystem,
someone had checked to see what they might be breaking and at least
filed an issue, or better still a PR.  I'm sure there were deprecation
messages, but I wouldn't see those unless I was already doing
maintenance and building from the IDE.

I'll take a look... John.