From: Nigel Stewart (nigels.com_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-30 07:31:59

> We already have a boost mysql library, and a redis library. Now we want
> to introduce a sqlite library, and maybe tomorrow a keydb library, a
> dragonfly library, a postgres library, a db2 library and so on...

There is a fairly mature (crufty! complex!) library called PROJ which deals
with
projections for mapping and cartography. It makes extensive use of sqlite
directly
in C, which is daunting from a perspective of being mostly unfamiliar with
both problem domains. Perhaps it's historical that PROJ was C before it
was C++
(and fortran before that), but certainly a nice modern C++ layer would be
beneficial there, in principle. The goal isn't necessarily to abstract
away or
hide the sqlite details, but to bridge the gap for modern (living/useful)
C++
codebases.

- Nigel Stewart