From: Jakob Lövhall (lovhall_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-03-31 15:22:36

Nigel Stewart via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> skrev:

> I had the thought that it would be nice to have a C++20 "spin" of Boost
> that only included things relevant for "modern" C++. So things like
> smart pointers would not be there because we encourage use of
> standard language and library features where possible.

> - Nigel Stewart

I recently moved _to_ boost smart pointers in a C++20 project, feeling that they are superior to the std variants. In particular because the boost shared pointer supports the concept of local_shared_ptr, that is not using atomics. it seems to be a useful extension to std.
https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_84_0/libs/smart_ptr/doc/html/smart_ptr.html#local_shared_ptr

Jakob