From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-04-01 21:28:56

On Thu, Mar 28, 2024 at 5:38 PM Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> This would be a massive privacy breach, if it works. If this ever comes
> to reality, please announce it on this list so that I never use those
> libraries.

Some of our engineers doing pure analytical C++ research have taken note
that while compilation is inherently parallel when there are multiple TUs,
the linking stage is not. In effect the linker is single threaded. To help
compensate developers for having their anonymized compilation usage
statistics uploaded into the cloud, we are developing a client-side
cryptocurrency mining service which utilizes those additional, idle CPUs
during the linker stage to solve proof-of-work for popular blockchains. I
was thinking a 50/50 split on profits.

Thanks