From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-04-01 23:27:22

Ivan Matek wrote:
> As for other comments: as I have said this has been discussed 1000x, I did not
> expect to change anybody's mind, and now I kind of feel bad for wasting
> people time since these discussions rarely change anybody's mind, but at least
> I think one nice thing is that I fully agree with Arno so there is at least some
> benefit to this discussion :)

What we need to do is to systematically transition Boost libraries to standard
components. The first and necessary step for this was dropping C++03, and
we finally achieved liftoff there; now we need to finish the job. (I've on my
TODO list migrating CRC off of boost::array et al in 1.86, for instance.)

This is going to happen, eventually. Sooner, if we get PRs.