From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-04-10 18:36:22

As Andrey said.. You confused two different build systems. But I'm
replying solely for B2. :-)

On Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 12:28 PM Robert Ramey via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> I understand the vision for b2 and have been using it with boost for
> more than 20 years. It's complex - arguably to complex.

It's actually way simpler than most build systems. Which might be a
problem as it doesn't perhaps do as high level magic that users might
expect.

> It's still
> under constant development.

Yes, and that's good. But Boost only sees the bigger incremental
changes from releases.

> I only update and rebuild it occasionally.

Do you have a suggestion to encourage you to update to the up to date
releases as they happen?

> But when I do, there's almost always some sort of issue which requires
> going to the list or slack/boost. Eventually I get this to work and it's
> quite satisfactory. Basically, the development process for b2 is not
> resulting in a reliable product.

Do you have suggestions as to what to change in the development process?

> Addressing this is a job that is difficult and underrated. I would like
> to see CMake efforts culminate in a result which can replace b2. But
> that doesn't seem to be progressing either.

Just because you don't superficially see the progress doesn't mean
it's not there. I remember a certain organization making that same
mistake of not thinking progress was being made.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada