From: Ville Voutilainen (ville.voutilainen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-05-09 22:34:15

On Fri, 10 May 2024 at 01:25, Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> As I believe that complaining without offering solutions is equivalent to "whining" I propose a simple solution. Eliminate LEWG, have library-only components go straight to LWG like how it used to be, ensure a process where people voting on papers are actual subject matter experts and not patsies or confederates, and require that these library-only components already have some level of adoption and represent the state of the art. Note that under this scheme, we would already have the Networking TS in the standard. And the standard library would be able to connect to the Internet.

While there's various pieces of what you wrote that I find incorrect
or something I disagree with, this one has the particular problem that
standardizing the Networking TS wouldn't have made the standard
library able to connect to the Internet, because the Networking TS
doesn't
have that ability.

In general.. there are various points that you raise that the project
that is the topic of this thread can apparently help with.