From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-05-21 11:14:48

On 5/21/24 12:26, Ion Gaztañaga via Boost wrote:
> El 21/05/2024 a las 9:41, Andrey Semashev via Boost escribió:
>>
>> One issue I had with Boost.Container deque is that it only allows
>> customizing allocation block size for a given value type and not the
>> container itself. This prevents having multiple deques for a given value
>> type that use different block sizes.
>>
>> It would be useful to be able to specify the block size in the deque
>> template parameters.
>>
>> https://github.com/boostorg/container/issues/278
>
> I don't understand your point. You can specify the block size as an
> option, it's not tied to a value_type, AFAIK:
>

> https://www.boost.org/doc/libs/master/doc/html/container/configurable_containers.html#container.configurable_containers.configurable_deques

Oh, I didn't know about that option. Though it would make more sense if
the block size was specified in terms of container elements rather than
bytes.

Oh #2, I can see there is block_size, but it is not documented as an
acceptable option for deque_options. Is it actually supported?

I thought, the user was supposed to specialize deque_block_size for
their value type. Given that there are container-specific options for
this purpose, you can consider my request fulfilled, and sorry for the
noise.