From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-05-21 12:29:03

Hans Dembinski wrote:
> > On 21. May 2024, at 09:24, Alexander Grund via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> > There are many libraries ready for building & testing with CMake:
> Mentioned (Atomic, Filesystem, Log, JSON), Mine (Nowide, Locale) and likely
> all Peter is maintaining.
>
> Histogram, too.

All libraries build under CMake.

To see what of them have CMake tests, you can look at this
CI run:

https://github.com/boostorg/boost/actions/runs/9171879935/job/25217197221

This excludes Geometry because its tests take an (additional) hour. :-)

Developer documentation (not yet quite finished) is here:

https://github.com/boostorg/cmake/blob/develop/developer.md

but it doesn't yet cover testing. (It's on my to-do list.)

There are several ways to implement testing, for each one there's
probably an existing library that can be used as a template. The
easiest one is to use boost_test_jamfile, which takes an existing
Jamfile in test/ and (simple-mindedly) interprets it to create CMake
tests.

Endian is an example of using this testing strategy:

https://github.com/boostorg/endian/blob/develop/test/CMakeLists.txt
https://github.com/boostorg/endian/blob/develop/test/Jamfile.v2