From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-05-22 02:28:20

Christian Mazakas wrote:
> On Tue, May 21, 2024 at 2:55 PM Vinnie Falco via Boost <
> boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> > 3. Submit pull requests to all libs to update their build scripts for cmake
>
> This will definitely be the most time-consuming part but if we did a library a
> day every day, we'd be done in like a year!

We're already done because all of Boost builds (and installs) with CMake.

> In general, I agree with Richard's sentiment. b2 is holding Boost back...

It's interesting that nobody considers the possibility that b2 is in fact a
better build system than CMake, and consequently, that switching from
b2 to CMake will actually make things _worse_ in some, if not many,
respects.

There's this axiomatic assumption that dropping b2 will automatically
improve things, somehow, and I don't think it's true or warranted.