From: Alain O' Miniussi (alain.miniussi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-05-22 09:48:21

----- On May 22, 2024, at 9:55 AM, Дмитрий Архипов via Boost boost_at_[hidden] wrote:

> вт, 21 мая 2024 г. в 18:42, Robert Ramey via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>:
>> I would also like to implement support for CDash.
>
> вт, 21 мая 2024 г. в 21:05, Alain O' Miniussi via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>:
>> I use CMake for building and testing Boost.MPI. Not sure I added the last tests
>> to the b2 framework.
>
> This implies that MPI is not fully tested for release.

It's never been, at some point b2 did not support some versions of Intel MPI, so all these were dropped. I was answered that "this is an Intel problem", which was true, but not helpful. Some other MPI implementation had their own issues. Depending on the cluster configuration, I need to switch between mpirun, mpiexec, srun etc... I'm sure it can be done with b2, but I don't even know where to start. I can't even find where the b2 MPI test launcher is located. And it's not widespread to the point that people will be likely to address these problems.

> ср, 22 мая 2024 г. в 07:55, Robert Ramey via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>:
>> Hmmm ... Better in what way? They should produce the same result or
>> close to it. My problem with B2 is that its complex, hard to
>> understand, a lot of work to maintain and fragile.
>
> I wondered what makes b2 so complex compared to CMake, so I opened two
> files from your project: one for b2 build, and another for CMake build
> https://github.com/boostorg/safe_numerics/blob/develop/test/Jamfile.v2
> https://github.com/boostorg/safe_numerics/blob/develop/test/CMakeLists.txt

I find them difficult to write, not to read.

- Alain