From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-06-20 19:09:47

On 5/22/24 3:14 AM, Georg Gast via Boost wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Regarding the overlap: I don't think it would be a problem. This is already in boost. Statemachine and MSM. Serialization and JSON.
>
> Statemachine and MSM both serve the exact same purpose.

Actually, that is the iconic example of the situation I'd prefer to
avoid. Statemachine was accepted. MSM was also accepted a short time
later. MSM used more compile time techniques so it was preferred by
many. Had they been reviewed together, we might have had a slightly
simpler boost.

Serialization and JSON are not the same but I can use JSON to serialize
my stuff with the from/to struct helper (don't remember the exact name
right now)

FWIW - I don't think Serialization and JSON overlapp much if at all.